Search This Blog

Friday, October 22, 2010

Day 1

Well due to a delay in acquiring an engine hoist it took two days to pull the motor but thats ok. So Ivan and Julian stopped by and on the first day the engine bay was gutted, all fluids drained, the harness unplugged and the axels removed. which meant taking a special trip to the AutoZone to get a massive two foot breaker bar, a 32mm axel socket and a ball joint separator. The ball joint separator was a life saver. I kinda want to keep the breaker bar. And I spilled every fluid in the entire car on the floor. I hate power steering fluid with a passion.  
With Ivan and Julian the bay was looking empty fast and we didn't break or lose anything. nice.  The floor was just power washed the night before. but you cant tell. haha the Fork bolts were tighter than the axel nuts. hmm. 
So after the ball joints were separated the axels came right out. 
Thats the long left axel it almost fell on my face but julian saved saved me. And thats me trying to separate a ball joint.

No comments:

Post a Comment